Lifestyle

Adieu, New York

I spent my last residential day in New York City going over my old stomping grounds—the neighborhoods where my high school was, my college, and Union Square where I often hang out with friends. The ground was good and solid underneath my feet, and the gravity of my incoming move is starting to slowly hit me.

This time tomorrow I’ll be on a plane, more than halfway to my new home known as San Francisco, California. It’s a big—no, ginormous—change. And I’m still not quite sure I’m ready for it, but I’m not one to dwell on the whole “readiness” thing. I’m a firm believer in taking chances and not having any regrets because I didn’t go and try something.

My family has been adamantly telling me that I “can’t go,” and honestly the more they say it the more I want to leave. Not because I don’t love my family, I of course love them dearly. It’s more because I’m itching to start something fresh and new. I’m looking forward to a nice, clean slate. A new city to explore, new people to meet, and the adventure of figuring out life on my own for the first time. (Well, okay, not entirely on my own. Louie will be with me. I’m actually very glad I’m not completely on my own and couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend to be at my side.)

Adieu, New York. I love you and will miss you, don’t change too much.

Next Post

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply Cara April 20, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I hope you enjoy your new job/city/adventure. Although I’m sad you won’t be in NY when I come to visit, I’m glad you’re getting a change to have a life change. I’ve been trying for one for a while. LOL Maybe someday I’ll get myself together and move away from my hometown.

• Reply Erica April 20, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Thanks, Cara!

• Reply Allison Blass April 20, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Moving across the country? Kinda the best decision I ever made. And I did it when I was younger than you (21, 2 months shy of 22) and I don’t regret it at all. It may not end up being exactly what you have pictures (in fact, I guarantee that *something* will go wrong), but it will teach you more about who you are and what you can handle than just staying put. Good luck, chica! See you on the Best Coast! :)

• Reply Erica April 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I’ve actually been calling it the “wrong” coast!

• Reply Miranda April 20, 2010 at 9:58 pm

This is going to be a good change even though New York will always be a huge part of you. I’m happy for you! Have a safe, smooth trip ♥

• Reply Jennifer April 21, 2010 at 1:01 am

Erica! I’m so excited and happy for you. I will definitely have to visit you and San Francisco someday (not soon though). Wish you the best of luck on your new journey. Visit NYC often! =]

• Reply Melissa April 21, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Glad to hear that you made it safe and sound to The Wrong Coast! :P Enjoy the adventure life has given you!